In-House Editor / Assistant for Published Westside Author
Published Westside author is seeking an experienced editor with comprehensive understanding of grammar, spelling, and story structure. Looking for someone who thrives in a non-traditional, creative environment and is a fast learner. Must have a well-organized analytical brain and be able to keep up with the quick pace of deadlines. Position will begin at 20-25 hours per week and has the potential to transition to full-time.
· Must have a college degree, preferably a BA in English or MFA
· Prefer candidates with 3-5 years of editorial or publishing experience but will consider talented recent graduates
· Must have a car. Punctuality is a must.
· Must be team-oriented and willing to execute any writing / editing request from emails to speeches
· Successful candidates will seek opportunities for growth within the office
· Must be able to transition between a casual working environment to a professional atmosphere seamlessly throughout the course of the day
· Must type 65+ words per minute with accuracy and be proficient on Mac
· Must be available for calls during non-office hours, if needed
· Clear speaking voice and excellent reader
· Able to start immediately
· Strong work ethic
· Must be able to multi-task
· Technically confident with Word, Google Drive, etc.
· Experience with publishing concepts and techniques
· Experience scheduling social media campaigns
· Good people skills
· Comfortable learning new technology
· Able to handle personal assistant needs as they arise
· Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Edit multiple rounds of daily writing
· Manage writing production schedule and keeps office moving on target
· Maintain long-term project files (both digital and paper)
· Assist social media and PR teams
· Help ensure that all outgoing communications are clear and concise
· Must be up-to-date on current trends, publications, and media
· Read extended passages of manuscript aloud and edit simultaneously
Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
- One-page autobiography
- Social Media handles
Interviews will begin mid-February, and position will begin March 1 at the latest.